Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Hacking/Macaroons

So, I've just been reading the article published by the Guardian(which spelt my name incorrectly when I did an article for them (which I will never forgive them for)) about the infamous guy, Gary McKinnon, who hacked into various US national military systems and apparently shut down the Washington defence system for a couple of days by mistake, costing $700,000. Kudos! It's hardy surprising that their security system is useless, I mean any old bedouin on a watchlist can get into the country!!!! He now faces extradition from the UK, but bearing in mind the incongruity between the laws in each country concerning extradition, it would seem unthinkable that it could go ahead. Just five days ago I was reading an article on the BBC website comparing our legal system with that of the States and I'm very glad we have ours. We have thousands of years of learned and acquired knowledge which, when compared to the relatively 'juvenile' American legal system, obviously makes ours far superior.
Gary McKinnon link
It's always a shame to see sorry taxpayer's money go to waste, as usual.
Thanks to Adrian the Surfmeister for this link!


On another note, the Michel Roux' macaroons were a relative success(bearing in mind that I am a perfectionist)! Now I've got the mixing method, I need to figure out what the numbers correspond to on my seventies oven. It's all to do with the cooking temperature(I'll have to get the knack of piping, too!). When it's all perfect, I'll publish the entire recipe. My mum bought me a 1934 cookery book which uses completely different volumes of ingredients, and a recipe from a three star used dried egg whites(??) so it's a very time consuming process to hit the nail on the head. I guess I'll have to talk to Pierre Hermé...
Comments:
your macaroons taste like my balls
 
yer balls taste like my macaroons

-- Mike Tyson
 
i eat them

sylvain
 
"I'll have to get the knack of piping"????

Think you're already there, mate!

Mikey Tyson
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?