Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

Petrol etc

So what's happened to the TIPP(the variable tax thresholds on petrol prices)? The government is making so much money on high fuel prices that they probably won't use this fiscal tool, ever. Two years ago the same amount of petrol would have cost me under €50. I'm glad the tank was not empty, othewise it would have cost me €90! I guess it's time to get a hybrid(which I probably would if there weren't such ridiculous laws about borrowing money in France, i.e. the loi scrivener). Please note that some yobbo has torn off the Euro sticker at the 'price per litre' display which gives the more realistic price of 1.436 Francs per litre - €0.219!

To more important things....
Looks great! I especially like the "soyez un vrai barman" yeah! Shame Kronenbourg haven't brought out a 1664 one of these. I'll get a couple, invite the lads round and we'll test it out! Another brilliant excuse for a drinking session. Don't worry, Olive, I'll get some lemonade for you so you can drink shandy, then you won't be scared to come over and come out with one of your usual excuses: You're sick, Silvia's sick, the car's in the garage, friend's wedding, etc, etc. I mean you could prove to us that you can drink more than Adrian or Tof at least. After Tof's last feeble effort, "oh you know I've been up since 5am, I'm really tired", etc passing out in front of the chimney when I'd had two hours sleep in 48 hours, I'm sure you could handle it Olive, mate - you just have to get here!!!!

As I said I was going to put a few of Adrian the surfmeister's best links in my latest entry(some of which are 'vintage'), here they are:
USB coffee cup heater
Salad Bar Competition
10x10 one of the best yet!
I have kept all of Adrian's best links, so there are plenty more to come!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?